Monday, August 27, 2012

Media Monday: Goth Girl Running

This is your quick post for the night. I've been running for a little over a year now and my love for it rivals my love of music. I love all kinds of music, so I have various playlists on my iPod. However, since I'm running in three 5k races in the next month and a half, I thought I'd create a new running playlist. Entitled "GOTH Girl Running" it is as follows:

1. Tonight TobyMac
2. Live Life Loud  Hawk Nelson
3. Stay Close    Fireflight
4. Hang On (remix)  Plumb
5. Breathe Into me    RED
6. In My Arms (remix)   Plumb
7. In Need You   Relient K
8. All Things New   Rapture Ruckus
9. Monster  Skillet
10.Cross the Line  Superchick
11. Afterlife   Switchfoot
12. I Get Wicked   Thousand Foot Krutch
13. Faceless  RED
14. Im So Sick   Flyleaf
15. For Those Who Wait   Flyleaf
16. We Are Loved  David Crowder Band
17. Again   Flyleaf
18. Better Than Drugs   Skillet
19. Dead Man   Jars of Clay
20. To Know That You're Alive  Kutless
21. Where I Belong   Building 429
22. Keep You Eyes Open   NEEDTOBREATHE
23. Busted Heart   for King and County


Yeah, I know, it's an odd number, but all these songs mean something special to me and I can't have it too long. They all also remind me that "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

For those of you who don't know, I've been having on and off health problems with my nerves for the last year and a half. I'm not supposed to be running at all, but I have found that I can shrug off the stress of the day on the pavement and go to bed relieved to not be carrying negative thoughts. If you are in need of great uplifting, loud, and get you moving music, I recommend any on this list along with the groups. The last three songs are a little slower, but I need those to get through the cool down and the messages are unsurpassed at this time.

With that, I'm off for the night and hope that you'll join me in music (Winter Jam 2013 baby!) or running! (To get any easy start check out www.coolrunning.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment