Monday, April 2, 2012

Media Monday: Sanctus Real

I love music, and I do mean love. When my Mac crashed and died on me, all I was worried about was my music collection. Nine days of 24 hours of straight music. Luckily, my awesome husband was able to Jerry-rig my Mac long enough for me to back up my collection on DVD. (Don't even get me started on the atrocities of owning a Mac book). Anyway...

One of my favorite groups happens to be Sanctus Real. (www.sanctusreal.com) Their music is great, their lyrics even better, and if you ever get the chance to see them in person, do it. It's one of the best experiences ever! (Thank you Winter Jam 2012!) If you pass it up, all I have to say is "What's wrong with you?! It's Sanctus Real!!"

My favorite song by them is "Forgiven." The first time I heard this song, it made me cry, and it continues to every time I hear it. This song is like a great big comfy blanket that I can wrap around my heart. When the devil is after me, whether tempting or making me relive things I don't want to remember, I simply think of this song. Some days when I feel like an absolute outsider (which is most of the time) the bridge in this song gets me through. If you haven't hear it, I'll quote them below:

"When I don't fit in and I don't feel like I belong anywhere
When I don't measure up to much in this life
Oh, I'm a treasure in the arms of Christ"

It doesn't matter whether I fit in with a crowd or not. Half of the time I don't feel like I belong anywhere because I am different from most of the christians I'm around. We may have the same moral values and attend church together, but because I choose to dress differently, I'm seen differently, so I'm normally not included in many activities like others would be. 

James 1:12 (ESV) tells me

"Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him."

So not fitting in doesn't matter, because no matter how left out I feel at times, I know that I am a treasure to my heavenly Father and that feels better than anything else in the world. (And I love that Sanctus Real had a creative way of sharing that message with everyone that hears that song!)

In closing, I would love to give a shout out to all my peeps that do love me for me and encourage me to keep on keeping on. You all are such a blessing in my life whether you know it or not. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment