Saturday, March 30, 2013

"Step Out the Way"


Without a doubt, Tobymac is one of my favorite Christian artists on the radio and sadly I missed the opportunity to see him on the Winter Jam tour this year. However, I can still jam to his music whenever I have my iPod plugged in (which is always).

His current song "Steal My Show" is a perfect example of how we all should strive to be: being a person that recognizes that God is in control. So hand over those reigns buddies because every blessing we have ever received has come from Him and it came at a hefty price. The following is the later part of the song.

"No matter who we are, no matter what we do
Every day we can choose to say ...
If You wanna steal my show, I'll sit back and watch You go
If You got somethin' to say, go on and take it away
Need You to steal my show, can't wait to watch You go
So take it away
My life
My friends
My heart
It's all Yours, God
Take it away
My dreams
My fears
My family
My career
Take it away
Take it away
It's all Yours, God
Take it away
Take it away
It's You I wanna live for"

As a human, I have hopes for my children, a dream of being published, and fears that I'll be an ultimate failure in life as a parent, wife, etc. But because Christ gave His life on the cross, I dream of who I can be in Him, have a hope of a home in Heaven, and most importantly, I live for Him who died for me.

Romans 12:1 tells us "I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship."

Tomorrow is Easter and many churches will be celebrating Christ's resurrection. If I (and the rest of the planet) weren't a weak person prone to sin, His sacrifice wouldn't have been necessary. John 3:16 says "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him."

Did you catch that? He sacrificed his son. Am I really worth that much? And as a parent, could I or you do that? Thankfully, He's not asking us to sacrifice our children, but ourselves to Him. 

Paul tells us in Galatians 2:20 "I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the son of God who loved me and gave himself for me."

So, as Tobymac says "So I'll step out the way, I'll give you center stage...Take it away, it's you I wanna live for."

No comments:

Post a Comment